UNC Honors Program
Honors Program - Benefits
Benefits of being in the University Honors Program include:
- Recognition — At commencement, on their diplomas, and on transcripts, Honors students are recognized as Honors Program graduates.
- Honors Thesis — The capstone of the Honors experience, Honors theses are placed in the permanent collection in Michener Library.
- Honors Conferences — Honors students have opportunities to attend and present at regional and national conferences.
- Honors Events — Students are invited to take part in a variety of regular events including pizza seminars, the International Film Series, the Works in Progress Symposium, Research Day, and Academic Excellence Week.
- Personalized Advising — All Honors students enjoy personalized advising from university faculty.
- Honors Residence — Students in the Honors Program have the option to live in the Honors-designated residence, Decker Hall, which is located on Central Campus.
- Library Privileges — Honors students engaged in thesis research are entitled to graduate student library borrowing privileges.
- Unity in Diversity — Honors students come from a variety of backgrounds and have diverse academic and social interests. Together, they form a community of highly motivated learners.