UNC Honors Program
Applying to the Honors Program
Call the Honors Program at 970-351-2940 with your questions or email us at email@example.com.
Honors Interdisciplinary Program Application Requirements
Students are urged to apply to join the Honors Interdisciplinary Program as incoming freshmen, but they may apply as late as the first semester of their sophomore year. All applications must also include one letter of recommendation (to be sent separate from the on line application process).
Entering Freshman must demonstrate academic interest and aptitude through their entire application, and no specific minimum standardized test scores nor minimum GPA will be required. Generally, students with successful application will either have attained a minimum 3.75 GPA in high school or have an ACT score at or above 27 in at least one of the ACT areas or equivalent SAT.
Students that do not meet these general guidelines but can demonstrate a strong desire to do honors-level interdisciplinary work will still be considered. Prospective Honors students already enrolled at UNC or transferring from another college need a minimum 3.25 GPA.
- Download the Honors Interdisciplinary Application (available as a pdf or a Word document).
- Complete the top portion of the application.
- Answer the four short essay questions on a separate document.
- Email the applicaiton and your answers to the questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "HIP Application- YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
- Then, request one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or other non-related adult who can address your academic, leadership and scholar potential. Letters should be mailed to: UNC Honors Program, Campus Box 13, Greeley, CO 80639 or fax to 970-351-2947 or directly emailed by the individual recommending you to email@example.com. In the subject line please include "Recommendation for UNC Honors- YOUR NAME."
- We have a rolling deadline for the Honors applications. Early acceptances will be sent beginning in January. Priority deadline for Honors is March 1.
Students with an interest in pursuing an honors thesis, creative works or applied scholarly project are encouraged to apply for Upper Division Honors in the second semester of their Sophomore year, and must have completed at least 45 credit hours before submitting their application.
Transfer students or current UNC students may apply as late as their senior year, but must have enough time to complete all of the requirements and must demonstrate that they already have a thesis/project advisor.
All applicants must have a minimum of a 3.25 cumulative college GPA and must provide two letters of reference from faculty or others who can attest to their academic interest and ability.
- To Apply: Please download and then complete the UHP application
- Return this application by emailing it along with your personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail it to UNC Honors Program, University of Northern Colorado, Campus Box 13, Greeley, CO 80639
- Your letters of recommendation may be included or sent separately after you have submitted your initial application.
- Priority deadline – Oct. 1 for Spring admission – April 1 for Fall admission.