Welcome to the President's Leadership Program
President's Leadership Program will not be accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year.
UNC's brand new Leadership Studies Minor will be available for all incoming Freshmen as well as current UNC students.
President's Leadership Program: A Life Changing Experience
From Our Students
If you’re the type of person who seeks life-changing experiences and wants to change others’ lives too, then the President’s Leadership Program (PLP) at the University of Northern Colorado may be for you. PLP is a selective scholarship-based leadership program that trains students in leadership theory and practice. Leadership skills are developed through traditional classes, seminars, workshops, practice and mentoring relationships. Application to PLP is competitive with only approximately 80 students enrolled in the four-year program at any time.
- High school seniors or UNC/Transfer freshmen who demonstrate interest beyond self and are interested in leadership, campus and/or community involvement, and community service.
- Students with a desire to learn, lead, and make a difference.
- Must carry at least 12 credits per semester and complete all elements of the program.
- Renewable scholarships available for each participant, pending funding
- Special leadership development courses and seminars
- Study abroad and significant, career-orientated internship opportunities
- Development of a comprehensive leadership portfolio
- Community service opportunities
- Attendance opportunities at the Colorado Leadership Alliance Leadership Summit and the LEAP (Leaders Engaging in Action through Passion) Summit
- Advising from PLP staff and upper-level students
- Fun social activities
The President's Leadership Program brings a new diversity of dialogue to the Northern Colorado campus, through training in leadership theory and practice.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 351-1691.
To make a donation to the President's Leadership Program, please click on the link below. You can help make a difference in PLP today!