UNC's 5th Annual Embracing Community
Embracing Community: A Community Involvement Fair and Applied Research Forum
November 15, 2011, University Center Ballrooms
New this Year - Engaged Scholar Awards
Winers to be announced at 1PM during Embracing Community
Schedule - November 15
- Engaged Faculty Workshop
in Spruce Suites
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Presentations and Engaged Activities in Ballrooms
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Awards Presentations
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Engaged Faculty Workshop in Spruce Suites
Embracing Community is a Community-Based Learning and Research symposium which provides Faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to share their work in and out of the classroom with the UNC and Greeley/Northern Colorado communities. The focus of the symposium will be to accentuate the impact that UNC-Weld County partnerships has had on our community and highlight the immense need to prioritize, strengthen, and solidify Community-Based Learning and Research between our UNC campus and the greater Weld County community.
Be part of this event!
We are looking for participants who are engaged in applied research, UNC-Community partnerships, and other activities connecting disciplinary knowledge and practice.
ECT Presentation/Table Application Forms
Choose the form that best matches your classification:
- Faculty/Student Application Form (.doc)
- UNC Clubs, Orgs and Departments (.doc)
- Community Organizations (Weld County/Greeley) (.doc)
Embracing Community is looking for University participants who are involved with applied research, community partnerships, and ot
her activities which connect disciplinary knowledge to practice. Also, campus organizations who partner with community through projects or other organized activities are invited to present. Poster presentations, demonstration projects, and information tables are available.
For more information, contact
Kathy Sanchez with the Center for Honors, Scholars & Leadership at (970) 351-1775
2011 Embracing Community will host a recognition ceremony for those active in the campus and community and who are making strides toward increasing scholarship and research on community issues. There will be several categories including:
- Community Organization Partner
- UNC Faculty
- UNC Staff
- Graduate Student
- Undergraduate Student
These nominees will be recognized on Nov. 15 during the awards presentation at Embracing Community. The Awards will being at 1 PM. The event, which includes refresments, is from 11:30 AM - 2 PM in the University Center Ballrooms.
- Karen Barton, Faculty
- Genie Canales, Faculty
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Faculty
- Gillian McNally, Faculty
- Teresa Tellechea, Faculty
- Solomon Little Owl, Staff
- Ronna Sanchez, Staff
- Cyrus Fernandez, Graduate Student
- Meag-gan Walters, Graduate Student
- Megan Braunschweig, Undergraduate Student
- Ashley Ruesgen, Undergraduate Student
- David Shimokawa, Undergraduate Student
- Boys and Girls Club of Weld County, Community Organization
- East African Community of Colorado, Inc., Community Organization
Nominations were due November 1, 2011 to Center for Honors, Scholars & Leadership, Campus Box 13, Michener L-98, email@example.com, fax to 970-351-2947. Call 351-2940 for more information..
This event is organized and sponsored by the UNC Center for Honors, Scholars & Leadership with additional support from:
University of Northern Colorado
- Center for Engaged Reserach and Action
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Student Activities
Greeley/Weld County Community Organizations
- Boys and Girls Club of Weld County
- City of Greeley Museums
- United Way of Weld County