Employee Training Resources
The Human Resource Services staff can also conduct training at your location for any department that would like to train a group of managers at one time. Contact Cathy Puckett to get further information regarding scheduling this type of training. Below is a list of training documents available for use.
SUPERVISOR TRAINING RESOURCES
- Manager's Reference Guide
- Leave Reference Guide for Supervisors
- New Hire Orientation Training for Supervisors
- New Hire Orientation Guide for Supervisors
- Performance Management Program Classified
- Instructional Design & Development Training
NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING RESOURCES
Skill Soft On-line Learning
As an investment in training for our staff, the University has made available to all employees the SkillSoft on-line training program with over 600 courses available at no charge. Because these are on-line classes, internet access is required.
Other Training Opportunities
- 360 Evaluations for Exempt Staff
- State of Colorado Training
- The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning(CETL)
- URSA Information Sheets
Employee Tuition Grants
Permanent employees paid through Human Resources are eligible to enroll without tuition charges, on a space available basis, to take courses at UNC, CSU, or Aims Community College. Tuition paid is based on in-state tuition amounts. Out-of-state tuition charges are the responsibility of the employee. Allotted credit hours are based on the number of FTE the employee is assigned. Forms are located on the HRS website. For more information, contact Sue Stone at 351-2718 or read the Tuition Grant Guidelines on the Tuition Grant forms found at http://www.unco.edu/hr/forms_listings.htm.