Benefits for State Classified Employees
Medical Insurance Benefits
Mandatory Retirement Plan – The University requires all employees to contribute 8% of your salary towards your requirement plan. Classified employees will participate in PERA. The University contributes 10.15% of your salary to PERA. The retirement plan is in lieu of Social Security, which is not an option here. For more information: Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)
Supplemental Retirement Plans – Employees may also elect to contribute additional retirement funds through payroll deductions by enrolling in a 403(b) or 457 plan. These deductions are tax deferred income. A list of providers can be found here.
Additional website information for vendors is listed below:
- State of Colorado - www.Colorado457.com
- Colorado PERA - www.copera.org
- AIG/ Valic - www.valic.com/Home_1043_221526.html
- TIAA-CREF - www.tiaa-cref.org/unco
- Travelers - www.metlife.com
- US Department of Labor - Taking the Mystery out of Retirement Planning
Glossary of Investment Terms - This link provides information on common investment terms employees may see when reviewing retirement plans or prospectus.
Sick Leave – Sick leave is provided in the event time off is needed for health reasons. This includes diagnostic and preventative examinations, treatment, and recovery. Full-time employees will accrue 6.66 hours per month.
Annual Paid Leave - Annual leave is provided for an employee’s personal needs. Accrued vacation hours vary based on years of service. See the State Personnel Board Rules, Section 5-11 for further details.
- Classified Staff Council(CSC)
- Working Together Foundation - Working Together is a non-profit private organization established by state employees and exclusively for state employees. Working Together provides emergency assistance to current or retired state employees in times of need. Visit the website for more information.
State Information Updates
Classified Benefits and Leave Staff
Workers' Compensation Leave: George Bielinski
Benefits Administration: George Bielinski
Leave Record Administration: Julie Nava