Built in 1966, Harrison Hall is home to 542 students. This residence hall is closest to the Campus Recreation Center and Michener Library and is just a short walk from Holmes Dining Hall and west campus academic buildings. Students in this building will not be required to leave campus during Winter and Spring breaks. Take a panoramic tour of the courtyard in between Harrison and Turner Halls.
- At the front desk of Harrison Hall, students can pick up packages and check out equipment. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and students can get information on a wide variety of campus topics from the personnel working at the desk.
- Each two-person bedroom in Harrison is setup in a suite-style arrangement. The two bedrooms are connected on each side of the suite's bathroom. In addition, select rooms in Harrison are designed especially for ADA accessibility.
- Recent enhancements to the main floor of Harrison Hall include a new student kitchen, which allows students choosing to stay during Thanksgiving or winter breaks the opportunity to prepare meals.
- Harrison Hall has game room just inside the lobby area which includes a pool table, a ping pong table, football, a poker table, juke box and a large flat screen TV. See the Harrison Hall kitchen and main floor recreational space.
- Harrison Hall was recently renovated. Enhancements include the replacement of built-in furniture, new modular desks, dressers, bookcases and chairs. Rooms received new carpet and a fresh coat of neutral-colored paint along with one accent-colored wall. New overhead lighting fixtures were installed and new light switches were added for student convenience. In addition, the draperies were replaced and the bed frames were reconditioned and re-installed with new mattresses.
- To enhance security, each room has a solid-core door with a card-access security lock. Each lock requires both a swipe of the student's UNC i.d. card and a student-selected security access code in order to enter the room.
- There are laundry rooms on the second and fourth floors.
- Students across campus can also stop into the Gear Shop. The Campus Recreation Department utilizes space in the building for checking out bicycles to UNC students as well as sports and camping equipment. Just show your student id to take advantage of this wonderful program. View the Gear Shop here.
- Harrison Hall is home to the Pre-Nursing residential learning community.
- To learn What to Bring, click here