International Students

Aerial View of UNC

For the Fall 2016-2017 academic year, all newly admitted students with less than 20 college credit hours earned after high school graduation (or equivalent), who are under 21, and are not living with their legal guardian in the local area must live in the UNC's housing system through the completion of the first academic year of their attendance.  (Local area is defined by school district. Included school districts are Ault Highland RE-9, Eaton RE-2, Greeley 6, Platte Valley RE-7, Poudre R-1, Thompson R-2J, Weld County RE-5J, Weld RE-1 and Windsor RE-4.)

Credits earned through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) or concurrent enrollment with high school do not apply towards the live-on requirement.

First-year students wishing to live off-campus may request an exemption. We are unable to approve requests for exemption based on financial need, but make sure to talk to the Office of Financial Aid to see what options are available.

Regardless of your student status, we’re pleased to be able to offer you multiple choices of housing options. Students can live in the residence halls, University Apartments, or Arlington Park Apartments.

We look forward to seeing you in the Fall!


Apply Now