Contract Petition for Release Forms

Petition for Release Form

If a student wants to live off campus, and does not meet one of the Freshmen live-in requirements to live off campus, they need to follow the steps below:

  • The Petition for Release form needs to be filled out by the student, a letter written to the Housing & Residential Education Office explaining his/ her situation, and the required back-up documentation provided to the Housing & Residential Education Office.
  • The completed Petition for Release form, the letter, and the backup documentation need to be brought to the Housing & Residential Education Office in Tobey-Kendel Hall, Room 199.
  • Once all of this information has been brought to the office and turned in, a decision on whether or not the student can be released from their housing contract will be determined. Generally, it takes about a week for the information to be evaluated by the Housing & Residential Education committee.


Click here to print the Petition for Release form