HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING
All housing contracts are done online using the same URSA login information that you use to login to your UNC URSA account. New freshmen and transfer students who have submitted an on-line housing & dining contract, and did not select their own room, can log into their housing & dining contract to view their hall assignment.
Before starting please note
The date your contract and deposit are received is the “priority date” for your assignment. Hall and room placements are based on your “priority date” and space availability at the time of room selection.
- If you would like to print out a step-by-step guide for how to fill out the housing application, please click here.
- Start the online application process by reading the information, including meal plan requirements, on the Future Students page of the Housing & Residential Education website.
- If you’re going to choose a Residential Learning Community, you should visit Residential Learning Communities before continuing.
- Open the Online Housing & Dining Contract, enter your URSA (PDID - personal digital identification) account login information and password and then click on Submit. If you haven't activated your URSA account, follow the instructions on the left side of the webpage under the words "URSA Account" to activate it.
- Read the short introduction and click Enter to start the contract process. Before you can continue, you will need to agree to the Housing Contract Terms and Conditions. If you are under age 18 at the time you agree to the terms and conditions, it is inferred by submitting your contract that your parents are also in agreement.
- Review your student information for accuracy. If corrections are necessary please contact the Registrar’s Office at 970-351-2231 or address corrections can be made by logging into your URSA account.
- If you are choosing a Residential Learning Community, your major must correspond with your learning community choice.
- If you have any special needs or medical requirements that the Housing & Residential Education office should consider, please note them in the feedback portion of the contract and mail an explanation and supporting documentation to the address provided on the payment voucher received at the end of the contract process.
- Provide the required $200 deposit by selecting either Pay Later or Pay by Credit Card. If you choose to pay later, your contract will be processed on the day the deposit is received in our office.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your UNC e-mail address once your contract is received in our department. If you do not receive a payment confirmation e-mail, please contact us.
- The next step is to select a room on campus. For returning students, you will login into the Housing website during the Find a Room process in February. For incoming students, you will login into the Housing website in March. You will be able to sign up for the building and room of your choice. The website will remain open until April 30th.
- After April 30th, the Housing & Residential Education office will assign students to their rooms. You can periodically log into the Housing webpage to check for your room assignment and to view any roommate information. Your room assignment will show up as a link at the bottom of your Housing homepage. If you click on the link, you will be able to see your roommate information.
Requests are honored on a priority date availability basis. If you have questions regarding on-campus housing, please contact us.