HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING
To login into the Housing website to fill out a housing application, you will use your URSA login information. Your userid and password will be same same as your URSA account. New freshmen and transfer students who have submitted an on-line housing & dining contract, and did not select their own room, can log into their housing & dining contract to view their room assignment.
Before starting please note
The date your contract and deposit are received is the “priority date” for your assignment. Hall and room placements are based on your “priority date” and space availability at the time of room selection.
- If you would like to print out a step-by-step guide for how to fill out the housing application, please click here.
- Activate your URSA account. You will need to use the same username and password from your URSA account to log into the Housing website.
- Start by reading the information regarding the freshman live-on requirement as well as meal plan options from the UNC website..
- If you are thinking about living in a Residential Learning Community, you should visit the Residential Learning Communities webpage before continuing. Residential Learning Communities typically require you to be declared with a specific major to be eligible for the community. However, for special interest living communities, you do not need a specific major - just an interest in the theme of the living community.
- Open the Online Housing & Dining Contract, enter your URSA account login information and password and then click on Submit. If you haven't activated your URSA account, follow the instructions on the left side of the webpage under the words "URSA Account" to activate it.
- Read the short introduction and click Enter to start the contract process. Before you can continue, you will need to agree to the Housing Contract Terms and Conditions. If you are under age 18 at the time you agree to the terms and conditions, it is inferred by submitting your contract that your parents are also in agreement.
- Review your student information for accuracy. If corrections are necessary please contact the Registrar’s Office at 970-351-2231 or address corrections can be made by logging into your URSA account.
- If you have any special needs or medical requirements that the Housing & Residential Education office should consider, please note them in the feedback portion of the contract and mail an explanation and supporting documentation to the address provided on the payment voucher received at the end of the contract process.
- Provide the required $200 deposit by selecting either Pay Later or Pay by Credit Card. If you choose to pay later, your contract will be processed on the day the deposit is received in our office.
- A payment confirmation e-mail will be sent to your UNC e-mail address once your contract is received in our department. If you do not receive a payment confirmation e-mail, please contact us to make sure your payment was received..
- To view the prices for the various residence halls with the different meal plan options, please view our Combined Room and Board Rates webpage.
- At UNC, finding a great room and roommate is simple. You will receive an invitation to join our private Facebook Community where you can start chatting and interacting with fellow classmates that will also be living on campus. If you want to get a jumpstart on our private Facebook community, simply like our UNC Undergrad Facebook page at and click on the link to join our private admitted student community.
If you find a student that you would like to be roommates with for the academic year, in May, you will both need to log into the Housing website together and assign yourselves to the same room/suite.
If you do not find a roommate match, that's fine. You can assign yourself to any room that is available to you when you log into the Housing website in May.
The last week of April, the Housing & Residential Education Office will send an e-mail to your UNC e-mail address on the process for selecting a room.
- For returning students, you will login into the Housing website during the Find a Room process in February. For incoming students, you will login into the Housing website May 1, 2015. You will be able to sign up for the building and room of your choice.
- If you do not assign yourself to a room in May, the Housing & Residential Education office will assign you to a room. You can periodically log into the Housing webpage to check for your room assignment and to view any roommate information. Your room assignment will show up as a link at the bottom of your Housing homepage. If you click on the link, you will be able to see your roommate information.
Requests are honored on a priority date availability basis. If you have questions regarding on-campus housing, please contact us.