Student Honors Council
The Student Honors Council works to foster the goals of the University Honors Program, especially that of providing student members a community of intellectually challenging peers.
Specifically, the council serves...
- as a liaison between Honors students and the Honors Director, Assistant Director, and the Coordinating Committee.
- to assist and support an active student recruitment program.
- to provide leadership in bringing Honors students together through the university for discussions, cultural and social activities, educational programs, and community involvement.
The Student Honors Council holds annual elections to select officers. All Honors students are encouraged to run for office. Traditional officer positions are listed on the SHC Officers page but may be altered, added, or removed as the needs of the Honors community change. Offices may also be held jointly.
Elections typically occur near the end of the academic semester
Currently Searching for Future Replacements:
This section is for SHC Officer positions that will soon be vacant. Vacancies are usually due to council members graduating from UNC. These positions are often the most important in terms of needing to be filled.Often times, those applying for soon-to-be-vacant positions will shadow the current officer for about a semester to learn their new position. Please consider filling an officer position if you are willing and able.
- Treasurer/Fundraising Committee Chair
- Historian/Social Media Specialist
Currently Open Positions:
- General Council Member - This position is always open and for Honors students who want to participate in SHC but who do not want the added responsibility of an officer. General council members also have the opportunity to join committees, such as the Event Planning Committee or Fundraising Committee.
Order an Honors Shirt Today!
We are currently selling t-shirts for the Honors Program. All proceeds will go towards funding future Honors events. Shirts are currently being sold for $20.00. We accept either cash or check. Below is the order form. You may bring the order form to our office, email it to us (and send payment via mail or bring it to our office), or mail both the form and payment to our office. (However, we do ask that you do not send cash through the mail. Please physically bring it to our office.)
Address:Center for Honors, Scholars, and Leadership
Michener Library Suite L-98
501 20th Street, Campus Box 13
Greeley, CO 80639-0072