Established in 2005, the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership (HSL) enriches the university campus through academic opportunity, scholarship, leadership, civic engagement and community service. The seven university programs that operate out of the center bring together diverse and active students who share a common goal of making the most of their college academic experience.
The University Honors Program, Life of the Mind, McNair Scholars Program, Leadership Studies, Reisher Family Scholarship Program and Stryker Institute for Leadership Development each has its own eligibility requirements and distinctive program characteristics. The Schulze Endowment fosters a university-wide interest in interdisciplinary studies with various activities. Collectively, the seven programs provide a broad spectrum of academic enrichment opportunities for students on the university campus.
See for yourself how the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership can help you get the most out of your University of Northern Colorado experience!
Are you looking to challenge yourself and want to become a better problem solver in the world? The University Honors Programs are designed to foster outstanding students by providing a small community of intellectually-challenging peers with extra faculty attention and the tools to learn how to think critically and make connections between disciplines and then how to dive deep into today’s problems, issues and cutting edge research challenges.
UNC Honors Program is now accepting applications for Fall 2017 Admission.
The Leadership Studies at the University of Northern Colorado defines leadership as a process of social influence, which develops the capacity of a human community to bring forth new realities. e view the practice of leadership as one that is founded on inclusive excellence; where the success of a community is dependent on the degree to which leaders value and engage the rich social diversity and strengths of its citizens. The Leadership Studies program will prepare you to respond to the rapidly changing demands of our communities and to rise to the challenge as an active agent of change. We invite you to join our community of leader-scholars and help bring leadership education to life!
This program provides disadvantaged college students with effective preparation for doctoral study through research and scholarly activities.
This program consists of a set of interdisciplinary Liberal Arts Core courses that cross the boundaries of traditional academic program to deal with broad intellectual concerns.
This scholarship is for qualified recipients who show promise of making a future contribution to the community through service, leadership, work or unique experiences.
This institute supports the personal, social, and academic achievement of women from underrepresented groups at UNC.
The Center for Honors, Scholars and Leadership collaborates with university and community groups to provide programs and events for the campus at large. Student Honors Council also hosts a variety of events throughout the semester that provide opportunities for students to participate in social events, fundraising, and community service projects.
- Pizza Advising Nights (Honors Students) - Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - 5:00 to 6:30 PM AND Thursday, March 2, 2017 - 1:00 to 2:30 PM - BOTH in Lower Centennial in Lujan/Brown Halls
- Grad School Workshops - Wednesday, March 22, 2017 AND Wednesday, April 12th - 4:00 to 5:00 PM (BOTH days) - Michener L-98
- Academic Excellence Week - April 2 - 9, 2017 - Multiple Locations (view AEW webpage for more information)
- Research Day (part of Academic Excellence Week) - April 6, 2017 - University Center (view RD webpage for more information)
- HSL Spring Banquet - Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 12:00 to 2:00 PM - University Center Ballrooms - Purchase Tickets Here
Events Hosted by Student Honors Council
- Super Smash Bros Tournament - Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - 7:00 to 9:00 PM - Lower Centennial in Lujan/Brown Halls
- Netflix and Chili - Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - 5:30 - 8:00 PM - HSL Office (Michener L-98)
- Volunteering at Weld County Food Bank - Monday, March 27, 2017 - Time TBD - Weld County Food Bank
- Relay for Life - Thursday/Friday, April 7 & 8, 2017 - 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM - University Recreation Center
- Silent Auction at the HSL Spring Banquet - Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 12:00 to 2:00 PM - University Center Ballrooms
Events Hosted by Ambassadors for Student Leadership Club
Random Acts of Kindness Speaker - Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 6:30 - 7:30 PM - Columbine A in University Center