About Our Offerings
UNC’s Hispanic Studies Department—offers a wide variety of programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Our undergraduate offerings include majors in Spanish Liberal Arts, Spanish K-12 Teaching, Mexican American Studies Liberal Arts, and Mexican American Studies K-12 Teaching, and minors in both Spanish and Mexican American Studies as well. We also offer teaching endorsements in Spanish, Teaching English as a Second Language, and Bilingual Bicultural endorsements for elementary and secondary education students.
Our graduate program, Master of Arts in Foreign Language: Spanish Teaching Emphasis allows students who have a BA in Spanish to obtain a Master’s Degree in three summers on the Greeley campus, with one optional summer Study Abroad in Salamanca, Spain.
Highlights of our Program and Faculty
Spanish Teaching and Teaching Spanish as a Second Language have recently been awarded national collegiate accreditation from NCATE (National Collegiate Accreditation for Teacher Education)
- The experience of our faculty and the small size of most of our courses ensure that our students receive personal attention and a superior education.
- The members of our faculty have outstanding professional research and publication records.
- The Hispanic Studies program provides a fully-equipped, modern language laboratory.
- Our students have many opportunities to study the Spanish language and Hispanic culture for an academic term in Spain, Mexico or South America.
- In recent years, undergraduates in Hispanic Studies have been involved in Cinco de Mayo, Dia de los Muertos, Chicana/Chicano Festival de Artes, UNC’s World Language Day and Sigma Delta Pi, the national honorary
How to contact the program:
- Office: Candelaria 0295
- Hours: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Chair and Graduate Coordinator in Hispanic Studies: Joy Landeira
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (970) 351-2162
- Administrative Assistant: Sarah Diemert
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (970) 351-2811 (Administrative Assistant)
News and Events
For more information about our graduate program, feel free to email the Hispanic Studies Chairperson and Graduate Program Coordinator, Joy Landeira.