Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- BA in Spanish
- One-year teaching experience
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- GRE and/or TOEFL scores required for international students
- Please note that this program is primarily a summer program. Fall classes are not offered. All students are expected to complete at least 1 summer session on campus as part of the MA experience at UNC. Occasionally, selected courses are offered during the academic year to supplement the summer offerings. Our MA program accommodates a variety of students needs and options.
- Students are not subject to the continuous registration policy.
The UNC Graduate School processes all graduate applications and fees and their "Master’s Degree Admission Standards" and their additional regulations and policies apply to all graduate students: minimum grade point average, years to completion, continuous registration policy, resident/non-resident status, and the requirement that all graduate students must take SPAN 600 Spanish Research Methods prior to graduation. The UNC Graduate School also processes and awards financial aid, fellowship and scholarship monies, particularly to students in their first year of study.
Contact the graduate coordinator for more information:
For more information about how to apply, please visit the Graduate School website.
International applicants who do not speak English as a first language must meet UNC’s requirements for English Proficiency, detailed here: http://www.unco.edu/grad/international/howtoapply.html