GSA Grant Funding Information
The Graduate Student Association (GSA), in an effort to assist graduate students with the expenses of conducting and presenting research, awards grants during the academic school year to eligible students.
In order to be eligible for funding, the following criteria must be met:
Applicant must be a current student at the time of the conference or research and be currently enrolled in a Graduate program at the University of Northern Colorado. During the summer grant cycles, applicants must provide a copy of their Summer or upcoming Fall course schedule to prove continuous enrollment. If you have completed less than 18 total Graduate credit hours at UNC, you must be enrolled in 6 credits to be eligible.
Grants are awarded for the following:
- Conference Presentation of Research
- Conference Attendance
*The GSA Grant process is a reimbursement process. Save all of your appropriate receipts from your conference/research. You will need these in order to get reimbursed.*
1. Grant funding is awarded during the semester in which the conference or research takes place. For instance, if your conference is in February, you would apply during the Spring semester.
2. Fill out the appropriate application completely. Make sure to follow all instructions.
3. Turn in application online by the deadline listed below. NOTE: your application was submitted successfully if you reach the page where you are asked to review your answers. You will not get a confirmation page or email.
4. Within two weeks after the deadline for the summer grant cycles and 3 weeks after the deadline during the academic year, you will receive an email from the GSA President stating your award status (whether the application was granted or denied), and how much funding you were awarded.
5. If you were awarded funding, print the award status email and bring it, along with your receipts from your research or conference, to the UC Business Office. Follow their instructions on paperwork to fill out in order to get reimbursed.
Grant Session and Application Due Dates:
Fiscal Year 2015-16
|If your conference/research takes place:||Date Application will be available and GSA will start accepting them||Due Date of Application (Submit your application by 5:00 p.m. on:)||Date recipient will be notified regarding funding decisions||Deadline for recipients to collect funding:|
|July - August 2015||July 1, 2015||July 31, 2015||August 14, 2015||September 11, 2015|
|September - December 2015||September 1, 2015||October 2, 2015||October 23, 2015||January 8, 2016|
|January - April 2016||January 11, 2016||February 12, 2016||March 4, 2016||May 6, 2016|
|May - June 2016||May 2, 2016||May 27, 2015||June 10, 2015||June 30 or July 10, 2016|
Please do not apply for a GSA grant early, GSA will only accept grants for the current session (i.e. the dates given in the FIRST column.)
*For conferences and research in May and early June, receipts are due before June 30. For those in late June, the deadline is July 10, 2016.
IMPORTANT! Applications will not be previewed by the GSA president to make sure they were submitted correctly. If they are submitted with incorrect or missing information you may not receive any funding. Do not send any information through email to the GSA president, all attachments must be uploaded with your application in order for them to be considered.
PLEASE read instructions carefully and make sure your application is complete and that all required documentation is attached BEFORE submitting it.
Suggestion: Have a classmate or colleague proof your application for missing items. It will save you and everyone involved a lot of time and frustration. If you are not sure what is needed or have questions about what to include, please either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 351-1089.