GSA Grant Funding Information
The Graduate Student Association (GSA), in an effort to assist graduate students with the expenses of conducting and presenting research, awards grants during the academic school year to eligible students.
In order to be eligible for funding, the following criteria must be met:
Applicant must be currently enrolled in a Graduate program at the University of Northern Colorado. If you have completed less than 18 total Graduate credit hours at UNC, you must be enrolled in 6 credits to be eligible.
Grants are awarded for the following:
- Conference Presentation of Research
- Conference Attendance
*The GSA Grant process is a reimbursement process. Save all of your appropriate receipts from your conference/research. You will need these in order to get reimbursed.*
1. Grant funding is awarded during the semester in which the conference or research takes place. For instance, if your conference is in February, you would apply during the Spring semester.
2. Fill out the appropriate application completely.
3. Turn in application to GSA President's office or mailbox (University Center, Rm. 2025) by the deadline listed below.
4. Applicants will receive an application receipt confirmation email within one week following application submission.
5. Within two weeks after the deadline for the current grant session, you will receive an email from the GSA President stating your award status (whether the application was granted or denied), and how much funding you were awarded.
6. If you were awarded funding, print the award status email and bring it, along with your receipts from your research or conference, to the UC Business Office. Follow their instructions on paperwork to fill out in order to get reimbursed.
Grant Session and Application Due Dates:
Fiscal Year 2014-15
|If your conference/research takes place:||Date Application will be available and GSA will start accepting them||Due Date of Application (Submit your application by 5:00 p.m. on:)||Date recipient will be notified regarding funding decisions||Deadline for recipients to collect funding:|
|July - August 2014||July 1, 2014||August 1, 2014||August 15, 2014||September 12, 2014|
|September - December 2014||September 2, 2014||October 3, 2014||October 17, 2014||January 9, 2015|
|January - April 2015||January 5, 2015||February 6, 2015||February 20, 2015||May 8, 2015|
|May - June 2015||May 1, 2015||May 29, 2015||June 12, 2015||July 30, 2015|
Please do not apply for a GSA grant early, GSA will only accept grants for the current session (i.e. the dates given in the middle column.)
IMPORTANT! Applications will not be previewed. This means that if they are submitted with incorrect or missing information (ANY missing information) - you will be penalized and may not receive any funding.
PLEASE read instructions carefully and make sure your application is complete and that all required documentation is attached BEFORE submitting it.
Suggestion: Have a classmate or colleague proof your application for missing items. It will save you and everyone involved a lot of time and frustration. If you are not sure what is needed or have questions about what to include, please either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 351-1089.