Future UNC students want to know from you, the real UNC voices, what's great about Greeley. This is your chance to have some fun and win some money.
Announcing the Winners!
Thanks to all of you who submitted videos and all of the people who voted! Here are the May 2013 winners:
- First place: Zac Cantin video
- Second place: Weston Mosburg video
- Third place: William Woods video
- People's Choice: Zac Cantin
We’re looking for things you like to do in the city. Where do you eat, shop, play? Even the not-so-well-known places! Pick one, two or many places.
So grab a video camera, cell phone, Flip—whatever video device you’ve got—and go be creative. Have some fun. Invite other current UNC students and go capture the best of Greeley. You can have a production team of up to five current students and feel free to star in your own video.
- First Prize – $500.00
- Second Prize - $250.00
- Third Prize - $100.00
- People’s Choice - $100.00
Prize amounts are totals to be shared if there are multiple team members
Videos will be published on UNC’s YouTube channel and open to public voting via the YouTube Like button. A panel of judges will choose from the top “liked” videos to award first, second and third prizes. The Viewers’ Choice Award will go to the video receiving the most YouTube likes.
The video file and participant permission form(s) must be submitted to the Office of Web Communications, Carter Hall 2009, by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 15.
Web Communications will add the videos to YouTube; please do not publish it yourself.
YouTube voting will
- open on Wednesday, April 17
- close on Wednesday , May 1
The contest will be announced on UNC’s Facebook page, Twitter account, Around Campus email and Current Student web page.
Winners will be announced Thursday, May 2. Winners will be notified via email prior to the announcement.
Format and Submission
Video entries must be between one and three minutes in length.
Here’s how to get the video to us before 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 15
- Save your video in .mpeg, .mov or .mp4 format.
- Burn your video to CD/DVD.
- Label CD/DVD with your name, phone, and email. Use a permanent marker.
- Print, complete and sign this participant form.
- Deliver hand deliver or mail the CD/DVD and form(s) to
- Web Communications
University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 51
Carter Hall 2009
Greeley, CO 80639
All videos must be received before 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 15 to be considered.
- Read the contest rules
- Fill out the participant form for you and, if needed, one for each team member
- Use a permission form for anyone in your video
- Please do not use copyrighted music
Any videos that are submitted, including but not limited to the winning videos, may be used on the university’s Greeley Experience web site (to be released this summer).
Questions? Email Ronna.Johnston@unco.edu.