Sigma Lambda Gamma
Sigma Lambda Gamma strives to be the premier organization committed to providing a mechanism of empowerment to all women. It is the fastest growing Latina based sorority in the with 109 chapters and over 20 colonies.
Through a network of close to 5,000 multicultural sisters representing over 110 ethnicities from collegiate chapters and alumnae associations located across the United States, we promote academic excellence and higher education for all women via a dedication and incorporation of the sorority principles – Academics, Community Service, Cultural Awareness, Morals & Ethics, and Social Interaction – in our lives.
Our chapter was born at the University of Northern Colorado May of 2000 and has grown to close to 100 multicultural sisters since.
- Motto: Culture is pride. Pride is Success
- Founded: April 9, 1990 University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Date est. at UNC: May 2000
- Colors: Shocking Pink and Majestic Purple
- Symbols: Pink Rose and Purple Panther
- Philanthropy: Breast Cancer and Trio Programs
- Website (local and/or national): www.sigmalambdagamma.com & Facebook Page
For more information contact:
Rachel Taylor (Membership Chair)