Biomedical Sciences, MBS
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis. However, early application is recommended.
Applicants must apply to the Graduate School at the University of Northern Colorado before the program area reviews the applicant's request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application
Each applicant must:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours.
Take the following steps to be considered for admission:
Step 1: Complete the Application
Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after you complete all application questions and submit the application)
- Domestic Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
Step 2: Transcripts
Request one official transcript from every accredited college or university attended or from which you earned credit, except UNC. Official transcripts from each college are required, even if courses taken at one institution are listed on another school’s transcript. This includes concurrent enrollment courses taken while in high school through an accredited college. You do not need to provide study abroad transcripts.
Official transcripts may be sent via mail in an unopened sealed envelope or through an electronically secure digital program directly from the issuing institution. Mailed transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate School and International Admissions
University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 135
501 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80639
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. We do not accept email, scanned or PDF transcripts directly from the student.
UNC retains submitted transcripts, from institutions other than UNC, for admitted students for up to five years after graduation or date of last attendance at UNC. Transcripts provided by applicants who were not admitted, denied admissions or did not complete their application are destroyed after one (1) year. The Graduate School will make every attempt to use previously-submitted transcripts if they are within these timeframes. However, if the Graduate School cannot locate previously submitted transcripts, the transcripts fall outside the timeframes listed above, or they are considered illegible, applicants must provide new transcripts.
Applicants with academic credentials from outside the U.S. will need to follow the requirements for submission of foreign transcripts. Click on the Transcripts tab for information about international transcripts.
Step 3: Supplemental Items
You will need to log back into the online application system, scroll down and click on "Submit Supplemental Items" to do the following:
- Upload the item below:
- The letter of intent should be used to explain who you are, your career goals, the path that you chose to reach your current educational standing, your accomplishments along the way, and how you have prepared yourself for graduate/professional school. It is critical that you also highlight your clinical, research, and community service experiences. Your letter can explain why the school should consider you over other persons for a position in the program -- in other words, why are you likely to succeed. Tangible examples of past successes are useful to support your argument. The letter of intent is also your opportunity to present compelling information that you do not feel is adequately communicated in the other application materials. The letter of intent should be submitted online to the UNC Graduate School during the application process.
- Individual Letters
- Three letters of recommendation are required as part of your application to the MBS program. The letters should be from professionals/academics who can comment on your qualifications for graduate study in the biomedical sciences from a standpoint of personal experience with your professional/academic activities. Letters of a non-professional nature (from friends, family, etc.) will not be accepted. Each letter of recommendation should be submitted by the writer using this online reference form.
- Committee Letters
- Applicants who have an electronic committee letter packet from their pre-health office may submit this packet in lieu of the letters from individuals. The committee letter packet must include at least three letters of recommendation and have a cover letter from the pre-health office verifying that the recommendations are authentic. This packet should be submitted online by the pre-health committee using this online reference form.
- At least one standardized test with a minimum score of the following:
- MCAT 494
- GRE 300
- DAT 17
- OAT 300
- PCAT 50th percentile
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the Graduate School and then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.
International applicants (non-U.S. citizen/non-U.S. Permanent Resident) please refer to the International Admissions Requirements page for further information about submitting transcripts, English proficiency scores, passport copy and financial documentation.
For More Information
For more information about the admission process, please email the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.