Music – Music Education Emphasis D.A.
Please visit the Apply to the School of Music webpage for details.
Admission RequirementsApplicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
Apply to the UNC Graduate School
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after you complete all application
questions and submit the application)
- Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended
since completing high school. UNC alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours completed is required.
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
Step 3: Take the GRE
Official GRE scores (less than five years old) are required. UNC's institutional code is 4074.
- Required minimum scores:
- 140 Quantitative;
- 146 Verbal Reasoning;
- Combined score of at least 297;
- Analytical Writing 3.5
Step 4. Apply to the School of Music
Please note that you must also apply for admission to the School of Music and that an audition and/or interview may be required. Please visit the program’s website . Please contact the School of Music office at 970-351-2993 or email@example.com with questions about auditions and applications.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the Graduate School and then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.
International applicants (non-U.S. citizen/non-U.S. Permanent Resident) please refer to the International Admissions Requirements page for further information about submitting transcripts, English proficiency scores, passport copy and financial documentation.
For More Information
For more information about the admission process, please email the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.