- Fall Admissions: Feb. 1
Step 1: Apply to CSDCAS
- Apply to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS)
Step 2: Submit the following items electronically to CSDCAS
- Application for Admission
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- The Designated Institution (DI) Code is 0033
- GRE Scores that are no more than five years old are required as a part of the application process. The GRE should be taken with sufficient lead-time. Scores must be submitted prior to the application deadline. We do not use a 'cut-off' score for GREs at this time.
- Letters of recommendation
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from previous academic professors. Please use the online format provided by CSDCAS.
- Official transcripts should be submitted to CSDCAS. UNC currently requires a 3.0 minimum grade point average on the most recent 60 credit hours for regular admission to a graduate program.
Step 3: Apply to the Graduate School at the University of Northern Colorado
- Complete the graduate school application and pay the application fee (you will pay
the fee after you complete all application questions and submit the application)
- Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International: $60 non-refundable application fee
Note: If you are recommended for admission to the program you will need to submit your official transcripts to UNC's Graduate School. Request one official transcript from every accredited college or university attended or from which you earned credit, except UNC. Official transcripts from each college are required, even if courses taken at one institution are listed on another schools transcript. This includes concurrent enrollment courses taken while in high school through an accredited college. You do not need to provide study abroad transcripts. Official transcripts may be sent via mail in an unopened sealed envelope or through an electronically secure digital program directly from the issuing institution. Mailed transcripts should be sent to UNC Graduate School & International Admissions, 501 20th Street, Campus Box 135, Greeley, CO 80639. Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. We do not accept email, scanned or PDF transcripts directly from the student.
- All application materials must be submitted and received by the application deadline for admission consideration. Applicants who do not submit both applications (CSDCAS and UNC Graduate School) will not be considered for admission.
- Initial decisions about admission to the program are typically made by mid-March. A list of alternates is also developed, and alternates may be admitted to the program up until the beginning of Fall semester.
- Strong applicants will have a solid background in communication disorders as well as science. Desired science courses include biology, chemistry, and human anatomy and physiology.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the Graduate School and then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.
International applicants (non-U.S. citizen/non-U.S. Permanent Resident) please refer to the International Admissions Requirements page for further information about submitting transcripts, English proficiency scores, passport copy and financial documentation.
For More Information
For more information about the admission process, please email the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.