Thesis and Dissertation Handling Fee Schedule
Required fees are charged to your UNC bill and must be paid before your diploma and final transcript may be mailed to you.
- Binding from UNC’s contracted binder
- $25 per copy
- Handling Fees for ALL students doing a Thesis, Capstone & Dissertation
- $85 (flat fee)
- An additional charge of $5 per bound copy will be assessed for any dissertation thicker than 2” or paper heavier than 20 lb.
- If both apply, the $5 fee may apply for each.
Optional services must be paid directly to ProQuest Information and Learning (PQIL) when completing the ETD Submission Process.
- Registration of the Copyright through PQIL - $ 65
- Registration of the Copyright done yourself - $35
- Open Access Publishing (Masters Thesis)
- PQIL -$ 150
- Digital UNC - FREE
- Open Access Publishing (Doctoral Dissertation)
- PQIL -$160
- Digital UNC FREE
- Extra printed copies from ProQuest at their rates (this is different than UNC’s contracted binder)