Expand your knowledge
At the University of Northern Colorado, internationally and nationally recognized faculty members will guide you in research that allows you to expand your knowledge outside the classroom and delve deeper into your field of study.
- Get hands-on experience working with one of UNC’s research centers and institutes that lead the way in research, offer community services and provide professional development opportunities for students and professionals in a variety of fields.
- UNC offers unique research opportunities. During a recent trip to South Africa, graduate students learned about research methods while evaluating a local orphanage in an effort to give back to the community they visited.
- The Graduate Student Association provides you with the information you need to obtain research tools, be reimbursed for research expenses and present your research in a professional manner.
UNC Recognizes Student Research
The prestigious Dean's Citation for Outstanding Thesis and Dissertation Awards are given to Doctoral or Master's students who have been deemed by their research advisor to have made a significant contribution to their field through their research. Only a maximum 5 of these awards are given each semester
Research Centers and Institutes at the University of Northern Colorado
- Bresnahan-Halstead Center on Disabilities
- Center for Integrated Arts Education (CIAE)
- Center for the Education and Study of the Gifted, Talented, and Creative (CESGTC)
- Center for Engaged Research and Civic Action (CERC)
- Colorado Business Resource Center (CBRC)
- Distance Opportunities for Interpreter Training (DO IT)
- Hewit Institute
- Math and Science Teaching Institute (MAST)
- Monfort Institute
- National Center on Severe and Sensory Disabilities (NCSSD)
- National Institute for Nursing Education and Scholarship (NINES)
- Retired Seniors Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Rocky Mountain Cancer Rehabilitation Institute (RMCRI)
- Sport Marketing Research Institute (SMRI)
- Teaching with Primary Sources – Colorado Rural Partnership
- Tointon Institute for Educational Change