2014 Graduate Teaching Assistant Conference
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
7:45 am - 4:45 pm
"Connecting your TA Experience with Career Objectives & Outcomes"
|7:30 – 8:00||Continental Breakfast and Check In||McKee Breeze Way|
|8:10 am - 8:20 am||Welcome - Dr. Linda Black; Dean, Graduate School and International Admissions||McKee Hall Auditorium|
|8:20 am - 9:00 am||Keynote Speaker - TBA|
|9:00 am - 9:15 am||Break (15 minutes)||McKee Hall|
|9:15 am -10:30 am||Block 1 (8-10 sessions scheduled)|
|10:30 am - 10:45 am||Break (15 minutes)|
|10:45 am - 12:00 pm||Block 2 (8-10 sessions scheduled)|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Lunch (catered)|
|1:00 pm -2:15 pm||Block 3 (8-10 sessions scheduled)|
|2:15 pm - 2:30 pm||Break (15 minutes)|
|2:30 pm - 3:45 pm||Block 4 (8-10 sessions scheduled)|
|3:45 pm - 4:00 pm||Pick Up Participation Certificates|
Please read special announcements:
- TA's will not be tracked into a conference schedule this year based on whether they are new or returning
- If you have signed, or plan on signing a TA contract for Fall and or Spring 2014/2015, you are required to attend the Graduate Teaching Assistant Conference. It is the TA's responsibility to ensure they get pre-registered and confirmation of attendance.
- Pre-registration is anticipated to open the beginning June 2014. Watch for updates regarding the TA Conference in your student bearmail account & on this site.
- The Conference is designed to prepare Grad students who will be teaching under a Teaching Assistant Contract at UNC. However, it is open to all grad students interested in learning more about teaching and pedagogy in general. (Persons under Teaching Assistant Contract for the upcoming year are the only students who are required to attend per their contract.)
- Questions about the conference should be directed to Aubreena DeForest in the graduate school by email at email@example.com.