Northern Colorado Living
UNC is located in Greeley, a city with a population of about 90,000. With 340 days of sunshine, mild winters and views of the majestic Rockies, it's a gorgeous place to live. Everything you need, including shopping, entertainment, restaurants and great outdoor recreation is close by.
Within Walking Distance
- Greeley offers a great assortment of restaurants, from chains like Chipotle and Jimmy John's sandwiches to local favorites like The Kitchen and Romas.
- For an occasional quiet moment, UNC students can be found sipping a cup of coffee at Margie's Java Joint right next to campus or taking in an independent or foreign film at Kress Lounge and Cinema.
- Find some of the region's premiere performing and visual arts right on campus. UNC is home to the award-winning Little Theater of the Rockies, three art galleries and music events like the renowned UNC/Greeley Jazz Festival and the annual free Concert Under the Stars series.
- Cheer on the Division I UNC Bears as they battle their Big Sky conference opponents in football, basketball, volleyball, soccer and other sports.
Bike or Bus
- Bike, hike or roller blade more than 17 miles of scenic, winding paths on the Poudre River Trail and take advantage of Greeley's 30 parks, several outdoor sports complexes, ball fields and playgrounds. Celebrate northern Colorado's diverse population and rich history with parades, food, art and performances at events like Cinco de Mayo, Oktoberfest, Greeley Fiesta, the Annual Arts Picnic and the Greeley Stampede rodeo and music festival.
- Catch a show at Greeley's Union Colony Civic Center. Choose from a variety of top music acts, touring theatre productions, comedians and other great events.
- If you love to shop, Greeley offers plenty of department stores, vintage boutiques and specialty stores.
- The Rocky Mountains provide unlimited activities like hiking, camping, rock climbing and rafting. During the winter, hit the slopes at great resorts less than two hours from Greeley.
- In nearby Loveland, get access to great shopping or catch big-name music acts, comedians, speakers and sports at the Budweiser Events Center.
- Drive less than an hour to Denver to watch Colorado's professional sports teams; the Broncos, Avalanche, Nuggets or Rockies.
- Denver is also home to the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, the Denver Art Museum, the Museum of Nature and Science, Elitch Gardens Theme Park, the Downtown Aquarium and tons of other entertainment and cultural venues.