Teaching American Sign Language, MA
The Masters of Arts in Teaching American Sign Language is a distance-delivered master's degree program, with summer onsite sessions, that prepares majors to provide competent ASL instruction. Graduates of this program will be work-and/or certification-ready to effectively teach in elementary, secondary, and postsecondary educational settings. Check the program website for current application deadlines. All applicants will begin in the summer semester and will be part of an established cohort.
- Fall & Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Submit a 1-2 page statement of educational goals and philosophy
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of coursework. If an applicant does not have a 3.0 GPA, he/she will be required to take the GRE and score at least 900 on the exam and a 3.5 on the written section.$50 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- To comply with practicum agency/school requirements, students must submit evidence that a criminal background check has been completed prior to practicum/field-based.
- Rashida Banerjee, Ph. D.
- Diane Bassett, Ph. D.
- George T. Betts, Ed. D
- Sandy Bowen, Ph. D.
- Robin Brewer, Ed. D.
- Paula Conroy, Ed. D.
- Silvia Correa-Torres, Ed. D.
- Eileen Hilander-Balcerak, M.A.
- Kay A. Ferrell, Ph. D.
- Lewis Jackson, Ed. D.
- John Luckner, Ed. D.
- Tracy Mueller, Ph. D.
- Francie Murry, Ph. D.
- Stuart Omdal, Ph. D.
- Lori Peterson, Ph. D.
- Corey Pierce, Ph. D.
- Harvey Rude, Ed. D.
- Ann Sebald, Ed. D.
- Todd Sundeen, Ph. D.
- Jennifer Urback, Ph. D.