Special Education: Intervention Specialist, MA
The Master of Art Intervention Specialist degree is designed for special education teachers who would like to increase their knowledge of interventions for students with disabilities, allowing them to provide services, supervise and coach other educators in an effort to foster students’ academic, behavioral and social growth.
Total Degree Requirements
30 Credit Hours
Tracy Mueller, 970-351-1664
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Complete the application for admission to the Special Education Intervention Specialist
- Submit Statement of Educational goals and Teacher Leadership Philosophy to the School of Special Education
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation from previous employers or academic professors to the School of Special Education
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester hours of academic work.
- Provide evidence of a minimum of two years successful teaching experience and licensure or an endorsement as a special education generalist teacher
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Rashida Banerjee, Ph. D.
- Diane Bassett, Ph. D.
- George T. Betts, Ed. D
- Sandy Bowen, Ph. D.
- Robin Brewer, Ed. D.
- Paula Conroy, Ed. D.
- Silvia Correa-Torres, Ed. D.
- Eileen Hilander-Balcerak, M.A.
- Kay A. Ferrell, Ph. D.
- Lewis Jackson, Ed. D.
- John Luckner, Ed. D.
- Tracy Mueller, Ph. D.
- Francie Murry, Ph. D.
- Stuart Omdal, Ph. D.
- Lori Peterson, Ph. D.
- Corey Pierce, Ph. D.
- Harvey Rude, Ed. D.
- Ann Sebald, Ed. D.
- Todd Sundeen, Ph. D.
- Jennifer Urback, Ph. D.