Special Education: Generalist, MA
The Masters of Arts program in Special Education Generalist is designed to prepare special educators to work with K-12 students across a range of abilities, from significant support needs to mild/moderate disabilities. This degree represents the largest Masters degree offered by the UNC School of Special Education. We train educators to work with 85% of the students requiring special education services. We prepare educators to successfully provide their expertise in general education, pull-out settings, and facilities. At the end of the program, candidates may earn either a Master’s degree or non-degree licensure in Special Education Generalist.
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
33 Credit Hours
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Statement of Academic and Professional Goals (1-2 pages)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester hours of academic work.
- Pass the Elementary Content PLACE or Praxis II, or have an approved elementary teaching license.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation from supervisors who know your work
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts