Special Education: Generalist, MA
The Masters of Arts program in Special Education Generalist is designed to prepare special educators to work with K-12 students across a range of abilities, from significant support needs to mild/moderate disabilities. This degree represents the largest Masters degree offered by the UNC School of Special Education. We train educators to work with 85% of the students requiring special education services. We prepare educators to successfully provide their expertise in general education, pull-out settings, and facilities. At the end of the program, candidates may earn either a Master’s degree or non-degree licensure in Special Education Generalist.
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
33 Credit Hours
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Statement of Academic and Professional Goals (1-2 pages) (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester hours of academic work.
- Proof of valid Colorado teacher license (if applicable). (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation from supervisors who know your work (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts