Sociology: Applied, M.A.
UNC's Master of Arts in Sociology is relevant to students who are interested in furthering their understanding of and ability to analyze social phenomena. Graduates are able to assist organizations in identifying and overcoming barriers to achieving their goals. They will also be able to assess and make reasonable projections concerning social costs and benefits resulting from local, regional and national policies aimed at meeting community or organizational needs. Students include employees in both public and private social service agencies as well as those interested in these types of careers or in continuing on to a Ph.D. in another program.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the Fall and Spring terms.
- To be competitive for departmental funding, applicants must be accepted by the graduate school before Oct. 29 for the Spring term or before March 1 for the Fall term.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Career and Personal Goals Essay, including why the applicant should be admitted (1-2 pages)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- A minimum GPA of 3.25 is recommended.