Sport & Exercise Science: Sport Pedagogy, PhD
The Doctor of Science in Sport and Exercise Science with a Sport Pedagogy emphasis prepares students for academic positions in comprehensive universities, particularly as teacher educators. Students are afforded the coursework, research, and practical experiences necessary for providing leadership on teacher education and conducting educational research. Students will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in pedagogy. They will also have opportunities to participate in ongoing research efforts within the School of Sport and Exercise Science (SES). SES has a well-equipped research laboratory for the study of teaching and various forms of graduate experiences are available in this area.
- Admission decisions are made throughout the academic year. However, the faculty prefers that students begin the program in the fall semester. Students who complete the application process by February 15 are given priority screening for fall admission of that year and have increased opportunities for financial assistance. The application period normally closes on August 1 for fall admission.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Please submit the following materials to the Graduate School. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Written Statement of Career Goals and Research Interests
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the campus to meet with program area faculty
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official copies of GRE scores (less than 5 years old) for doctoral applicants.
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Students admitted to the program who have not completed a Bachelor's degree in accounting as described above can expect prerequisite deficiency courses to be added to their plan of study. The program coordinator will determine deficiency course requirements.