Sport & Exercise Science: Sport Pedagogy, MS
The Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Science: Sport Pedagogy Emphasis is designed for individuals who plan to provide leadership in school-related physical education and physical activity settings. Students in this program examine curriculum and instruction that successful teachers employ to inspire today’s youth to enjoy the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle. Your graduate-level course work is informed by the highest standards, including those of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE).
- Admission decisions are made throughout the academic year. However, the faculty prefers that students begin the program in the fall semester. Students who complete the application process by February 15 are given priority screening for fall admission of that year and have increased opportunities for financial assistance. The application period normally closes on August 1 for fall admission.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Written Statement of Career Goals and Research Interests
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the campus to meet with program area faculty
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- For prospective students who are interested in Post-Baccalaureate licensure, please visit the Teacher Education Website.