Sport & Exercise Science: Exercise Science, MS
The Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Science: Exercise Science is the integrated study of human movement, encompassing the physiological, mechanical, and behavioral aspects of physical activity. Concentration areas within this discipline include biomechanics, exercise physiology, and social psychology of sport and physical activity. This degree program includes a broad base of content knowledge and provides opportunities for students to become involved in laboratory, clinical, and basic science research. Students in this program can choose between a Thesis Option or a Professional Research Project Option.
- UNC Main Campus
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
30-33 Credit Hours
- Exercise Physiology:
Reid Hayward and David Hydock
Jeremy Smith, 970-351-1761
- Social Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity:
Bob Brustad and Megan Stellino
At the M.S. level, programs will typically (but not always) admit students to the program in both spring and fall, with the exception of Sport Administration which only admits students in the fall. For specific questions related to these deadlines, applicants are encouraged to communicate directly with faculty in the program they are applying to for further clarifications. Applications received by the appropriate date listed below will receive priority screening. Applications received after the date may not be reviewed if no program spots are available.
- Fall Admissions: February 1st
- Spring Admission: August 31st
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Please submit the following materials to the Graduate School. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Submit the following to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu:
- Current Resume.
- Written Statement of Career Goals applicable to the selected emphasis area.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Applications for assistantships in the School of Sport and Exercise Science should be sent directly to the School. All other application materials should be sent to the UNC Graduate School.