School Psychology, EdS
The Specialist program is designed for those students who wish to become school psychologist practitioners. Training is primarily oriented toward the acquisition of those skills necessary for effective functioning in the educational environment as a school psychologist. The program is based on the student's entering with a bachelor's degree. A student with a master's degree in psychology or professional psychology should meet with his or her advisor to develop a specific plan of study. A course in abnormal psychology is prerequisite to the program and must be completed by any student who has not had one.
The educational specialist degree program in School Psychology is also approved by the National Association of School Psychologists.
- Fall Admission: December 15th
- Check Denver and Loveland start terms on the UNC Extended Studies website
Send the following information to the Department of School Psychology:
Department of School Psychology
Attn: Diane Greenshields
501 20th Street
Campus Box 131
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
- Written statement (300-500 words) indicating the applicant’s Personal and Professional Reasons for Selecting School Psychology as a Profession
- Supplementary Data Sheet (PDF)
- Current vita
- Applicants must have a GPA over 3.25
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Admissions Application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment date to ensure adequate processing time.