School Psychology, EdS
The Specialist program is designed for those students who wish to become school psychologist practitioners. Training is primarily oriented toward the acquisition of those skills necessary for effective functioning in the educational environment as a school psychologist. The program is based on the student's entering with a bachelor's degree. A student with a master's degree in psychology or professional psychology should meet with his or her advisor to develop a specific plan of study. A course in abnormal psychology is prerequisite to the program and must be completed by any student who has not had one.
The educational specialist degree program in School Psychology is also approved by the National Association of School Psychologists.
- Fall Admission: Dec. 15
- Check Denver and Hawaii start terms on the UNC Extended Studies website
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Completed Online Application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts.
- Written statement (300-500 words) indicating the applicant’s Personal and Professional Reasons for Selecting School Psychology as a Profession (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application)
- Supplementary Data Sheet (PDF) (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application)
- Current vita (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application)
- Applicants must have a GPA over 3.25
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Admissions Application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment date to ensure adequate processing time.