School Library Education, MA
The Masters of Arts in School Library Education has been designed to meet the degree requirements set forth by the graduate program requirements along with the competency requirements dictated by the State of Colorado for School Library endorsement. Students who obtain an M.A. in School Library Education go on to become licensed Teacher Librarian's in K-12 school library media centers. Applicants seeking an endorsement for Teacher Librarian by the
State of Colorado Department of Education must meet the following requirements
- Hold a valid Type A teaching license (or equivalent) teaching license
- Have completed one year 1 (full-time) of successful teaching experience in the classroom and/or school library media experience while holding a valid Type A or professional teaching license or equivalent certificate
- Have completed an approved graduate degree program in school library education or library science in an accepted institution of higher education including two field experiences in elementary and/or either middle or secondary school library.
- Successfully pass the required state proficient PLACE exam.
- Fall & Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Two page written statement of philosophy and goals with respect to pursuit of degree and/or endorsement.
- Resume indicating educational-related work experience.$50 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf) - indicating a high potential for academic success and interpersonal competency
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Completed Admission Application should be submitted to the Graduate School at least 60 days prior to projected enrollment date to ensure adequate processing time