School Counseling, MA
The Master of Arts in School Counseling is designed to develop a professional who counsels with children and adults in elementary, middle, and high schools. Graduates from the University of Northern Colorado's School Counseling Program are qualified to accept counseling positions in elementary, middle, and high schools. Because our program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), graduates are eligible to become National Certified Counselors.
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
63 Credit Hours
Jeffrey Rings, 970-351-1639
Off-Campus Graduate Coordinator
Heather Helm, 970-351-1630
UNC Campus (Greeley)
- Fall & Summer Admissions:
- December 1st to Graduate School
- December 15th to department
- Fall and Summer starts offered
- Applicants who submit applications past the deadline need to speak to the department.
- Applications are pre-screened by the department. Selected applicants are invited to pre-admission workshop where evaluation processes are involved.
UNC Denver Center at Lowry
Start Any Term
- Fall Admission: June
- Spring Admission: November
- Summer Admission: February
UNC Colorado Springs Center
- Fall Admissions: July 1st
- Supplementary Data Sheet (pdf)
- Personal Statement (pdf)
- Three Letters of Recommendations on Professional Counseling Forms (pdf)
- Preadmission Interview Workshop
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate degree.
- GRE scores are required if GPA is below 3.0.
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Graduate School Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Two years of work experience recommended and attendance of preadmission workshop.
- Off Campus Applicants have the same admission requirements