Rehabilitation Sciences, Ph.D.
The Ph.D. provides you with the highest level of preparation as a Rehabilitation Sciences scholar. The program allows you the opportunity to focus on coursework that addresses the areas of university teaching, research and administration while also pursuing a collateral or concentration area of study that relates directly to your goals as a scholar in the field of Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Fall and Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The Application Process and Admission Requirements
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, follow the instructions below. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after you complete all application questions and submit the application)
- Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts.
- A masterís degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on a completed master’s degree. If your master’s degree is in progress, a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours completed is required.
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
- Three letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate a request to be sent to your recommenders
- Statement of interest
- Current resume
- Official GRE scores (less than five years old). UNCís institutional code is 4074.
- Minimum GRE scores:
- 140 quantitative
- 146 verbal reasoning
- Combined score of at least 297
- Analytical writing 3.5
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency Ė TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A, or petition for exemption (UNCís institutional code is 4074)
- Copy of passport bio page** (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Financial Documentation**Ė we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than one year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For More Information
For more information about the admission process, please email the Graduate School at email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.