Music: Conducting, Wind Instruments, DA
The Doctor of Music in Conducting is designed to help you develop advanced professional competencies leading to a professional performing career and/or college teaching.
Wind Conducting Graduate Students at UNC have the opportunity to work with all the bands and both band directors. Usually all the graduate students assist with marching band, as well as work closely with one of the band directors (switching assignments at semester). One or two students are assigned to the Director of Bands, and one student assists the Associate Director of Bands.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.
School of Music Admission and Audition Requirements
Please note that you must also apply for admission to the School of Music and that an audition and/or interview may be required. Please click here to visit the program’s website. For any questions about the School of Music application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
- 2016 Audition Dates
- Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2016
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016