Music: Vocal Performance, DA
The Doctor of Arts in Vocal Performance is a flexible and comprehensive program that includes advanced instruction in all vocal subjects as well as Music Theory and Music History. Secondary concentration areas include Vocal Pedagogy, Opera Stage Direction, and Conducting, among others. There are extensive opportunities to perform in opera, choir and vocal jazz. We offer two fully-staged productions with orchestra each year, as well as opera scenes and an outreach program. In addition, select students may be offered apprenticeships with Opera Fort Collins. We also offer Opera Classica Europa, a summer program in Germany. The degree produces well-rounded scholar-singers who are prepared to perform professionally and/or teach at the collegiate level.
School of Music Admission and Audition Requirements
Applicants must submit audition and application materials online by completing the School of Music Application.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
- 2016 Audition Dates
- Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2016
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Completed Online Application
- Academic writing sample
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts