Music: Theory & Composition, MM
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Candidates entering as a master’s candidate must have the equivalent of the undergraduate program in music as outlined in the University of Northern Colorado Undergraduate Catalog.
- Submit a portfolio including scores of at least three recent composed works.
- MIDI recordings are acceptable, live recordings of compositions are preferable.
- Submit representative theory papers and/ or analyses.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Jonathan Bellman
Music History and Literature
- Eric Alexander, Music Theory
- Janice Dickensheets, Music History and Literature
- Robert Ehle, Music Composition; Music Theory
- Paul Elwood, Music Composition; Music Theory
- Kyle Fyr, Music Theory
- Socrates Garcia, Music Theory/Interim Director of Music Technology
- Deborah Kauffman, Music History
- HeeSeung Lee, Music History
- Stephen Luttmann, Music Librarian; Music History and Literature
- Daniel Obluda, Music Theory
- Carissa Reddick, Music Theory