Music: Composition, DA
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Monday, February 16, 2015
- Saturday, February 21, 2015
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Students entering the Doctor of Arts program must have the equivalent of a Master of Music degree.
- The candidate must also submit a portfolio including scores of at least three recent composed works.
- While MIDI recordings are acceptable, live recordings of compositions are preferable.
- Please also submit representative theory papers and/ or analyses; applicants for the doctorate should try to submit their master’s thesis.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts