Music: Jazz Studies, MM
The Master of Music degree program is designed to assist the graduate student in developing advanced professional competencies in jazz. The degree program seeks to broaden and deepen scholarly abilities and research and pedagogical techniques for use in the profession or for instruction in higher education.
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Monday, February 16, 2015
- Saturday, February 21, 2015
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Jazz Studies specializations are available in saxophone, trumpet, trombone, guitar, piano, bass and drums.
- Before registration, either an on-campus audition or an audition recording is required
- The preliminary audition will determine whether the applicant shows promise and talent to pursue the degree.
- An on-campus audition is preferable
- The audition recording should be a high quality CD that includes solos of several styles.
- The candidate must continue to meet all steps for degree qualifications as listed in the Graduate Catalog.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts