Music: Instrumental Performance, Strings, MM
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
School of Music Admission Requirements
- An on-campus audition is required of all students seeking admission to the graduate program in strings with the exception of international students.
- International students have the option of submitting a DVD recording and are also required to submit to an interview via video conferencing (e. g. Skype or some other online means affording audio and visual discourse) conducted by a committee of the Strings Area faculty.
- All auditions, whether live or recorded, should contain repertoire representative of at least three contrasting style periods.
- Demonstration of proficiency in all major and minor scales and arpeggios (in three octaves for violin, viola and bass; in four octaves for cello) and representative etudes or caprices from the standard literature is expected.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts