Music: Instrumental Performance, Keyboard, MM
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Monday, February 16, 2015
- Saturday, February 21, 2015
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Prepare an audition of 45-55 minutes containing representative and major works of the repertoire.
- All piano solo works submitted for audition should be performed from memory.
- The only acceptable recorded audition will be of the auditioning student’s most recent degree recital, accompanied by a copy of the recital program.
- An on-campus audition is preferable; in the case of a recorded audition, full departmental admission will be granted only after the candidate has performed a live audition before the Keyboard Faculty during his/her first semester of study at UNC.
- In any case of discrepancy of performance quality between a candidate’s recorded and live audition, the live audition will prevail in considerations regarding candidacy of a given student to the keyboard degree program being sought.
- In all live auditions, faculty will examine the sight-reading skill of auditioning candidates. Master's auditioning candidates’ functional piano skills will also be tested in live auditions.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Audition Repertoire and Faculty Contact is included in the School of Music Application