Music: Performance, Brass & Percussion, DA
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
- UNC Main Campus
Total Degree Requirements
67-71 Credit Hours
Carissa Reddick, 970-351-1195
- Dr. John Adler, 970-351-2343, trumpet
- Prof. Gray Barrier, 970-351-2226, percussion
- Dr. Jason Byrnes, 970-351-2078, tuba
- Prof. Marian Hesse, 970-351-2037, horn
- Dr. Nat Wickham, 970-351-2813, trombone/euphonium
School of Music Admission and Audition Requirements
Applicants must submit audition and application materials online by completing the School of Music Application.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
- 2016 Audition Dates
- Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2016
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (You will start this process after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts.