Music: Performance, Brass & Percussion, DA
Performance emphases are available in flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, violin, viola, violoncello, string bass, harp, keyboard, voice, and guitar.
- UNC Main Campus
Total Degree Requirements
66-71 Credit Hours
Carissa Reddick, 970-351-1195
- Dr. John Adler, 970-351-2343, trumpet
- Prof. Gray Barrier, 970-351-2226, percussion
- Dr. Jason Byrnes, 970-351-2078, tuba
- Prof. Marian Hesse, 970-351-2037, horn
- Dr. Nat Wickham, 970-351-2813, trombone/euphonium
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Monday, February 16, 2015
- Saturday, February 21, 2015
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Arrange for a live audition, if possible.
- If a live audition is not possible (out-of-state or where great distances are involved), the prospective student may submit an audition CD.
- This recording should be approximately 30 minutes in length and should display music of various styles and eras.
- Contact appropriate faculty of audition repertoire
- When a CD is submitted for acceptance, final acceptance will be verified after the candidate has auditioned live before members of the brass/percussion faculty after the candidate’s arrival on campus.
- Play as part of the audition some of the major works written for the respective instrument including works of the highest quality and difficulty.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Completed Online Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts