Music: Education, DA
The Doctor of Arts in Music degree emphasizes philosophy, psychology, contemporary and past history, and research. It also includes scholarship and musicianship through study in the areas of music history and literature, theory, composition, and performance. This program area places primary emphasis on a comprehensive working knowledge of contemporary music education practices in public schools and college music programs, and/or community cultural life.
School of Music Admission and Audition Requirements
Applicants must submit audition and application materials online by completing the School of Music Application.
Audition days fill quickly, so you are encouraged to complete the application as soon as possible in order to secure an audition date and time. Information regarding audition requirements, repertoire and faculty contact information are also available on the application.
- 2016 Audition Dates
- Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2016
- Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Required Minimum: 140 Quantitative; 146 Verbal Reasoning; Combined score of at least 297; Analytic Writing 3.5
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Mark Montemayor, Area head
Instrumental Music Education
- Alise Brown, Music Education
- Jill Burgett, Choral Music Education
- Jason Byrnes, Brass Methods
- Nancy Glen, Music Education
- Richard Mayne, Associate Director of Bands
- Charlotte Mills, Piano Pedagogy
Student Teaching Coordinator
- Judith Sapegin, Music Education