Music: Collaborative Piano, MM
The Master of Music in Collaborative Piano is designed to help you develop advanced professional competencies leading to a professional performing career, doctoral studies, and/or college teaching.The program has gifted faculty, who are dedicated to guiding and nurturing the growth of the keyboard student with in-depth experiences in musicianship, performance and academic endeavors.
Submit the following application materials to Valerie Anderson in the School of Music:
- Fall & Spring Admissions: If you have received scholarships, your admission deadline might depend on the scholarship requirements. School of Music Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to secure an audition date and time. Auditions day fill quickly.
- Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
School of Music Admission Requirements
- Collaborative Piano Audition
- Consisting of major works of the standard repertoire is in two sections.
- The piano solo section should include one selection performed from memory
- The collaborative sections should include one complete instrumental sonata and four songs from contrasting stylistic periods
- All pieces performed in the audition must be approved by the Collaborative Piano faculty before the audition
- Sight-reading will also be required.
UNC Graduate School Requirements
Applicants must also apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Audition Repertoire and Faculty Contact is included in the School of Music Application(pdf)