Mathematics: Teaching, MA
The Masters of Arts in Mathematics: Teaching is designed to prepare teachers to be experts in their own classroom. Upon finishing this program they should be able to teach the content of mathematics, assume leadership roles in mathematics curriculum within their schools, and read and understand the professional literature relating to the teaching and learning of their discipline. The emphasis is on preparing teachers for the 21st century with a dynamic and individualized program of study.
Please Note: Students need to have applied to and accepted by the MathTLC program BEFORE they apply to UNC. See all admission deadlines and requirements below.
- Fall Admissions: January 24th (Only apply if accepted into the MathTLC program)
- MathTLC deadline: November 29th
- Summer Admissions: May 1, but applications received after that will be considered until the cohort is full
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Apply to the Math TLC Program
Please Note: Students need to have applied to and accepted by the MathTLC program BEFORE they apply to UNC.
Submit the following application materials to UNC’s Graduate School:
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts