Students receiving a Master of Arts in History will be competent in research methodology, writing skills and content in selected areas of history. Opportunities include advanced work in history and teaching at the secondary level (with licensure). Additionally, graduates may apply for professional schools, e.g., in law, library science, theology, museum curatorship, and archival work.
The Master of Arts in History program is for:
- Students working to build a foundation for future graduate work
- Individuals wanting to teach history at the secondary school level
- Those working toward a career that pairs history with another professional field, such as law, library science, or museum work
- History teachers who want to advance in their profession
- Fall Admissions: April 1st
- Spring Admissions: September 15th
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
Submit the following information to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu:
- Statement explaining interest in grad school and academic history
- Writing sample based on primary sources of at least 15 pages
- Three Letters of Recommendation - at least one of which comes from someone who knows applicant in an academic context
History Department Address:
University of Northern Colorado
501 20th St.
Campus Box 116
Greeley, CO 80639