Higher Education Student Affairs Leaderships, MA
The HESAL M.A. program prepares effective student affairs professionals who value a social justice perspective toward their work in higher education and student affairs leadership. Students take a wide array of courses (for example, from culture and law to policy and pedagogy to finance and development) in consultation with an assigned advisor which can assist you in preparing for a vocation in higher education’s diverse environments. Opportunities are encouraged and provided for practical experiences under the mentorship of experienced higher education and student affairs leaders.
- UNC Main Campus
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
39 Credit Hours
Matthew Birnbaum, 970-351-2598
- Fall Admissions:
- January 23rd is recommended for individuals seeking graduate assistantships.
- April 29th is the final deadline for Fall Admission
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the items below.
- Complete Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Complete our Recommendation Request Form to request letters of recommendation from three professional or personal references.
- Submit the following items to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- Statement of professional goals.
- Resume of professional and academic experiences and accomplishments