Higher Education Student Affairs Leaderships, MA
The HESAL M.A. program prepares effective student affairs professionals who value a social justice perspective toward their work in higher education and student affairs leadership. Students take a wide array of courses (for example, from culture and law to policy and pedagogy to finance and development) in consultation with an assigned advisor which can assist you in preparing for a vocation in higher education’s diverse environments. Opportunities are encouraged and provided for practical experiences under the mentorship of experienced higher education and student affairs leaders.
- UNC Main Campus
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
39 Credit Hours
Matthew Birnbaum, 970-351-2598
Florence Guido-DiBrito, 970-351-2308
- Fall Admissions: February 15th (priority deadline)
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- HESAL Background Information Sheet
- Vita/resume of professional and academic experiences and accomplishments,
- Three Letters of Recommendation (pdf) using HESAL Recommendation Form
- Statement of professional goals.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts