Graduate Interdisciplinary Degree Program: Natural Sciences K-12, MA
Now accepting applications for Spring 2013!
The Emphasis in Natural Science K-12 Teaching is a comprehensive program coordinated by the MAST Institute. It provides practicing K-12 teachers with advanced study focusing on the following themes: increased science content knowledge; competency in the sciences; diversity and equity in teaching strategies; and the teacher as researcher. Thesis and Non-thesis options are available for the M.A. degree. Research experiences are molded around the teacher's interests. Courses are offered on campus and online. The program combines science courses directed towards topics applicable to K-12 science teaching with courses in science education, pedagogy and practice. The goal of this program is to enhance the science and pedagogical knowledge of professional science teachers in the K-12 environment.
Tuition & Fees
Total Degree Requirements
30-33 Credit Hours
Wendy Adams, 970-351-2419
- Fall & Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Students will be e-mailed application status.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of teaching experience in K-12 is required; a current professional teaching position is preferred.
- Cover letter identifying science discipline(s) interested in strengthening and your choice of thesis and non-thesis (action research
- Current resume
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation (pdf) - from individuals who can speak to your education and teaching experiences
One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts