The Master of Arts in Gerontology prepares students for professional responsibility and leadership in the aging network. Students complete required courses that provide a multidisciplinary foundation in gerontology, and select program electives that will prepare them for working with or on behalf of older adults in direct service, management and administration, further scholarship, or similar professional endeavors.
The Masters Program in Gerontology is offered through a combination of courses online, and evenings or weekends on our University of Northern Colorado Greeley campus.
- Fall & Spring Admissions: Applications are accepted at any time during the year. However, they must be received six-weeks before the intended start date.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, submit the following materials in a single packet along with the application fee. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
- Statement of Interest in Gerontology (pdf)
- Current Resume submitted to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Completed Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One official copy of transcripts from all accredited college or university attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni need not submit transcripts
- Certificate applicants need: 1 Letter of Recommendation, resume, and a statement of interest. Submit your completed resume and statement of interest to: Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu
- Students will be notified of acceptance via e-mail.